The Paly Library
New and Newsworthy
Read@Paly our very own Paly book review website has some great new additions. Check them out then check out a book in the library or online using the PAUSD Download Library.
Check out a Kindle or Kindle Fire and read and/or listen to books from our PAUSD Download Library. All you need is your library card number located on your student ID.
The PAUSD Download Library! Using "The DL," Paly and Gunn students can browse, check out and download fiction and nonfiction e-books and audiobooks onto just about every reading device imaginable (computers, readers, tablets, smartphones). To access The DL Paly students need their library checkout number. They can get their library checkout numbers through their advisors or drop by the library to get this information. First time users should go to the My Help section on the Digital Home page to download the necessary free software.
- Follow the library on Facebook by "liking" its page and join the conversation on Twitter. Information about reading, research, libraries, and interesting fun facts to know and tell are posted regularly.
- LibGuides! The Gunn and Paly Libraries are collaborating to design online research guides for common high school research assignments. The High School Research LibGuide engages students with curriculum to improve their information literacy skills. Many prominent high schools and universities use this web tool to organize and present information, and we are excited to give our students the opportunity to use LibGuides this year.
- READERS! Do you want to contribute to our new book review blog Read@Paly? Just email the librarian with a short review and it will be posted. This is a great way to search for the perfect book at the Paly Library.
Welcome to Paly’s Virtual Library, open 24/7 for your reading and researching pleasure. We are committed to making both the on-campus and virtual Paly Library a pleasant and enjoyable space where learning is celebrated and laughter appreciated. Use the drop-down menu on the left to jump to the portal of your choice or scroll down this page to read about the library and volunteer opportunities.
Check out the READ! page for information about Palo Alto Reads (PAR) our school book club open to everyone.
Would you like to create a lasting legacy at Palo Alto High School by dedicating a book in the Paly Library to a student, faculty member, coach, or volunteer? Check out the Palo Alto High School Library Legacy Book Program.
We are now a Kepler's Community Partner! Mention Paly when purchasing merchandise at Kepler's or link to Kepler's website from the logo below and Paly gets a percentage of the sale.
Thanks for visitng!
About the Library
*Encourage students to enjoy reading and appreciate literature
*Provide access to a current, comprehensive, and enticing collection of materials
*Teach students search strategies and techniques to access information
*Educate students to critically evaluate information and become ethical users of information
The Paly teacher librarian and library assistants work in partnership with teachers to assist students with their reading and research
needs. Library staff is on hand to help students with individual questions about assignments and help them choose great books.
- 15,000 books
- Hundreds of digital download books and audiobooks through the Download Library
- Online subscriptions to the NY Times and Wall Street Journal and a wide variety of print magazine titles
- Subscriptions to online databases and digital reference resources--passwords are available through the library "class" on Schoology
There is a computer lab and fee-based copying and printing. Most resources can be checked out for 2 weeks and can be renewed if necessary. Patrons are expected to pay for replacing lost or damaged books.
Students are asked to protect the facility by not eating in the library and respect others by turning off cell phones and conversing in a way that maintains a mellow atmosphere conducive to study and getting work done.
Monday-Thursday 7:50am - 5:00 pm and Friday 7:50-4:00pm
The library is open when school is in session and closed during all school holidays. We have extended hours during finals prepartion week and finals week.
Last updated April 16, 2013