Celebrate Paly’s Centennial 1918-2018
Scroll down for more information about the events on March 23, including the evening Centennial Gala.
Support Centennial activities and commemorations: https://goo.gl/25AKc4
Photo: David Hickey
The Paly campus is turning 100 during the 2018/2019 academic year. Everyone is cordially invited to join us as we celebrate 100 years of community-supported public education. The Paly Centennial Committee consisting of Paly faculty and staff, the Alumni Association and community volunteers is planning a series of public and alumni events during the 2018/2019 school year to celebrate “Paly Then and Now.” If you want to know more about Paly’s history, check out the Paly “Then and Now” Campus Tour.
Saturday, March 23rd Centennial Events:
Paly Facilities Open House
- Tour New & Historic Campus Buildings & Paly’s Tree Canopy Noon – 2pm FREE and Open to the Public
- Join student-led tours of our new and historic campus buildings. Meet at Centennial Plaza (between Haymarket and Performing Arts Center) to join a tour at the following times: Noon; 12:30; 1:00; 1:30. The Tree Canopy Tour will be given by a local horticulturalist arranged by Canopy and begin at Noon at Centennial Plaza.
Campanile Birthday Celebration
- Enjoy birthday cake at 2:00pm at Centennial Plaza
"Cheers to 100 Years" Paly Centennial Gala
- Saturday, March 23, 2019, 7:00-10:00 PM, Lucie Stern Community Center Ballroom, 1305 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto, CA 94301
- Deadline to buy tickets: March 15: Purchase tickets at the Paly Webstore: http://palywebstore.myschoolcentral.com
- Price $100 includes seated dinner, program of students and alumni, and a sparkling cider and champagne toast
- No host bar.
October 7th 2018: Coach Clem Wiser Dedication; March to Paly: A Centennial Reenactment; Centennial Celebration
View media to relive the celebrations: https://photos.app.goo.gl/eJ2vj7kNKLdzHHLJ9
Paly Voice Centennial March Recap: https://palyvoice.com/143929/entertainment/centennial-march-recap/
The day of celebrations started at 10:00am with a dedication to long-time Paly teacher, coach and mentor Clem Wiser. At 1:00pm the Palo Alto Historical Association and Paly conducted an historical reenactment of the march that took place on the first day of school in 1918 when students, staff and community members marched from the old Paly campus on Channing Street to the current Paly site. After the March everyone enjoyed a program of student performances, recognitions, and speeches by local and national dignitaries.
August 23rd - Welcome to Paly’s Centennial Kick-off BBQ was a Big Success!
Over 700 alumni, students, staff, and community members celebrated Paly’s 100th birthday with great food and entertainment. Slide Show: https://goo.gl/JUpBoL.
The Paly Alumni webpage http://www.palyalumni.net/ has more information about alumni activities.
Paly faculty and community members are developing centennial projects for students including murals, vocal performances, glass blowing, design, journalism and a career speaker series featuring Paly alumni.
Contact Mary Ellen Bena at firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail) with your questions, suggestions and ideas.
First day of class in 1918 after the march from Channing Street.